Surf Camp Pipa , in Praia De Pipa, Rio Grande do Norte, Brazil, brings together travellers from all over the world who can enjoy the great facilities and location .
Approximatly 150 metres to the main Street of Pipa Avenida Baia dos Golfinhos, where you will be able to find all the best bars, nightclubs and shopping.
Praia Central being approximately a 300 metre walk, makes the relaxed vibe extend all the way to the soft golden sands of Pipa´s world renowned beaches.
Enjoy a sunset drink on our terrace bar or kick back and relax in a hammock until nightfall when Pipa´s electric nightlife comes alive.
Coming from a travelling background we have tried to make as traveller friendly as possible with the facilities every modern day traveller needs.
Along with the rest of our facilities we focus mainly on surfing. Having many different types of board to rent, all different types of courses to do and even sand boarding at dusk.
Being a backpacker hostel and surf camp means we cater for all kinds of travellers and is our aim to share the passion we have for surfing with our guests and show them what surfing can do for everyone. Although surfing is increasing in popularity it is still dismissed by many, we hope to change that in our small way and also increase knowledge people have about the ocean and its waves.
We are very lucky here in Pipa to have both beginner and expert breaks giving our guests a wide Varity of waves.
The camp is a great place to meet other like minded surfers, make new friends and even paddle out together to new points.
Is there many other places in the world that have so many different types of break, or to be able to take off on a wave at sunrise carving with dolphins, or a place that turtles find sanctuary year round? Experience surfing with Surf Pipa and let's catch some waves together.
So please feel free to contact us with any questions you may have and we look forward to having you stay with us .
- next surf spot (3 of them) at 150 meters from camp
- we have many kinds of spots in the center next to the camp , beach break , reef break
- spots for all levels of surfing
- open to everybody
- medium sized camp
- mainly relax camp, but some party as well
- average age of participants: 15-40
- main language used in camp: English/Portuguese
- Who is the owner of the camp? Roberto Moretto - ISA level 2 - life saving ILS; luan meseiros ISA level 1
- Everything began when Roberto discovered his love for surfing and his country, Brasil
The hostel has 60 beds distributed among dormitories and rooms for couples, families or small groups.
In Pipa Hostel you find all the information you need to enjoy all that Pipa has to offer, without spending a lot of money.
- Air conditioning or ceiling fan;
- Private bathroom;
- Double bed or twin bed rooms;
- Capacity up to 04 people (air conditioning) or 06 people (ceiling fan).
- Ceiling Fan;
- Private bathroom;
- Balcony with hammocks;
- Breakfast included;
- Guest's kitchen;
- Laundry service;
- Luggage storage;
- Internet access;
- Free Wi Fi;
- Free Parking.
- Swimming pool;
- TV and video room;
- Pool table
- Football table;
- Board games;
- Small library and Book Exchange.
- 24 Hours Reception;
- Safe building with security cameras;
- courses are held by 3 surf instructors
- 3 course hours/day (1h theory, 2h practice)
- course duration: 3-6 days
- location and programme depending of students´level
- courses for all levels
- breaks: only for surf trip
- course language: english - spanish - pourtuguese - italian- french
- only course participation (without accommodation) possible
- materials used during surf course: soft board okilled for beginners, all kind of boards for advanced
- fiberglass boards for advanced surfers
- 3 hours of instructions per day
- professional surf coaching Certified ISA and ILS
- wax - leash - licra provided
- soft board for beginners and all kinds of surfboards for advanced
- theory classes with video and photo analysis of the practical surfing sessions
- Surf School DVD with your surfed waves for free
- beach shuttles to the best surfing peaks , depending of the condition of the sea and of the level of the surfers
- free rental board
- free kayak
- free sand board in Pipa dune
What you will be learning as a beginner:
- Introduction to surf equipment and gear;
- Safety issues;
- How waves form in the ocean;
- The geography of Praia da Pipa: waves and beaches;
- The history of surf. From inception to today;
- How to position yourself on the board and how to paddle, handle, and sit on the board;
- How to clear the breaking zone and deal with white water;
- Priority rules;
- Initiation to take-off techniques (standing on the board);
- Take-off timing;
- Line-up positioning;
- Surfing waves before they break;
- Surfing green waves in safety and with some control
What you will be learning as an intermediate surfer:
- Go through a diagnostic and appraisal session;
- How to select surf gear that is adequate for your level;
- Improving your paddling, sitting, and wave-catching techniques;
- How to improve your positioning on line-up
- Timing, reading the waves, and priority rules;
- The hydrodynamics of a surf board;
- Positioning your body for a bottom turn;
- How to surf various types of wave;
- How to gain speed and trimming;
- Manoeuvres: Off-the-lip, cutback, and floater
- free use of materials outside course hours
- rental: 25 reals (€10.70)/day
Do you know a great way to combine surfing and exploring different beaches, towns, villages and the ever changing landscape? Booking a Surf Trip with surf camp Pipa Brazil !
A team of experienced surfguides takes you to the best waves in this region, fitting your surfing skills. You will surf in secrets spots, where you will not have problems of overcrowding, 28/30 different types of waves that break during the year (about 14 in the summer and 16 in the winter) within 40km of coastline around Pipa.
The Surfari is ideal for those who travel alone or in small groups. Your fellow travelers are with you for three or five days, so you get a good chance to make some friends and learn from each other in the water and on the land. Our groups in general age from 18 to 35 years of age with a 50/50 mix of sexes, from all various walks of life and countries. Groups sizes of maximum 8 people plus two guides.
Surf Pipa School stands for a high level of water safety. People with zero or little surf experience will follow some classes before we will let you go free surfing. It does not matter if the waves are big, because we keep all beginners very close to the beach where the waves have less power.
Experienced Surfers paddle straight past the beginners into the line-up. Local knowledge and the use of surf forecasts will determine at which places we surf during the surf trip. Usually we will surf at three or four different places along the coastline.
The Surfari kicks off in Praia da Pipa from our surf camp and takes you in 3/5 days to the best waves, exploring marvelous beaches.
Suitable for complete beginners. All gear and properly organized daily surf classes provided. Advanced and expert surfers will be amazed by the region wave potential.
Many people find here, apart from a great holiday, inspiration that widens their vision and broadens their life. This is the biggest reward for us and it motivates us to continue sharing our idea of paradise.
The one price includes:
- Surf instructions from certified experienced staff
- A wide range of surf boards, pre booking a specific model is possible
- Transport between pick-up and the end of your surf adventure by 4x4 or buggy
- Sandwiches and drinks (please specify if vegetarian or vegan)
- See parts of Pipa away from the usual tourist trail
- Good surfing conditions that match your personal level of surfing
- Surfing on beautiful uncrowded beaches
- No worries surfing close to nature
- A free drop of at Pipa Bus station
- Accommodation (if you choose all included package)
We run the Surfari all year round!
- kite surf courses and rental
- surfboard rental: 25 reals (€10.70)/day
- Yoga, Pilates,...
- water temperature: 25-29 ºC
- air temperature: 25-35 ºC
- waves all year long from 3 feet to 10 feet
- crowded and quiet spots
- the locals are normally very gently
Praia da Pipa
Welcome in the tropical paradise !
6 km south of Tibau do Sul, Pipa's collection of beaches are the most exciting and well-known in Rio Grande do Norte and include some of the most spectacular in Brazil. It is cosmopolitan and international where many Brazilian accents & languages from around the world flow together. Tours through the forests, dunes and along the beaches are always a pleasure and the flavours provided by the town's gastronomy will satisfy even the most demanding of palates. Pipa's nightlife is always buzzing with many bars offering live music, the energy is contagious and resistance is futile. A little further south is Praia das Minas: 7km of deserted beaches featuring segregated areas for the protected turtles.
The world over Pipa is famous for it's natural beauty. With the media numbering Pipa's beaches amongst the most beautiful Brazil has to offer, the area attracts both national and international visitors. Here, as in Porto de Galinhas, one encounters natural pools, utopian beaches and excellent surf breaks, like Fernando de Noronha the presence of dolphins is constant; the imposing coloured cliffs remind us of Arraial d'Ajuda (Bahia); the preserved areas of Atlantic Forest compare to those in Itacaré; and, Pipa's winds compete with those of Jericoacoara. Not least, the area boasts the dune fields of Natal and the dazzling Guaraíras Lagoon (ideal for fishing, boating and canoe trips and the stage for a truly golden sunset).
If the nature does not charm you, the architecture, fashion, culture, art and pace of life certainly will.
Pipa at night is an attraction on its own: stylish bars; restaurants with the best in regional, national and international gastronomy; cafés; art galleries; and, a rich and varied artisan tradition.
The community is made up of fishermen and small-business owners alongside Brazilians and people from all around the world who have chosen this small slice of paradise in which to live all warm-hearted people dedicated year-round to helping you feel at home.
Make your reservation in this magical place now, but be warned a few days will merely serve to wet your appetite for morePraia da Pipa your surfing vacation in Brazil.
- health: no vacination required , medical post in the village hospital 6 km from camp
Ways to get to the camp
- bus, car, taxi
- shuttle service from airport/train station to camp for 120 reals (€ 52)
- distance to airport: 85 km
- public transport
- taxi costs airport-camp: 130 reals (€ 56)
- camp accepts credit cards
- cash mashine in the village
- costs for bus transfer/public transport: 10,5 reals (€ 4.50) natal pipa
The one price includes:
|30 reais||shared room - NO Breakfast|
|70 reais||private room for 2 people - No breakfast included|
|20 reais||shared room|
|50 reais||private room for 2 people|
|break fast not included||shared kitchen|
|surf books and magazine|
|surf dvd & tv|
|bed sheets and linen are provided for all rooms|
Beginner / advanced surf course, 3 days - 380 reais
|COURSES||COURSES Our 3 day progressive surf course at surf camp is designed for beginner and advanced surfers . 3-hour lessons each day for 3 days.|
|ACCOMODATION||Your accommodation is only a short walk to the beach and local bar. . Rooms at surf camp are either 3 or 4 berth and upgrades to to a private/double room can be requested at the time of booking.|
|INSTRUCTORS||Certified from International surfing association ISA level 1 &2 - Life saving ILS|
|EQUIPMENT||All equipment is current technology and in excellent condition. A full range of surfboard sizes are available.|
|TRANSPORT||All transportation to the courses on the beach are provided in our buggy or jeep|
|FOOD||no food included|
|EXPLORE||Learn to surf on Brazil’s best beachs with our local instructors|
|FREE DVD||video and photo of your surf lessons in a free DVD .|
|BONUS 1 surf trip included|
|theory classes with video and photo analysis of the practical surfing sessions|
|wax - leash - licra|
|3 hours instructions a day|
|professional surf coaching Certified ISA and ILS ,|
|soft board for beginner and all kind of surfboards for advanced , licra , wax , leash|
|Surf School DVD with your surfed waves for free|
|beach shuttles to the best surfing peaks , depending of the condition of the sea and of the level of the surfers .|
|free rental board|
|free sand board in Pipa dune|
|What you will be learning||
(current exchange rate: 1€ = 4,17 Brazilian Reais (BRL)
There are no reviews for this Surf Camp yet.
Please enter the message you'd like to send to Surfcamp Pipa (Praia da Pipa, Brazil)
|Included Services (Summary)||Tariff|
|Package||Only Accommodation A|
|Valid from||Wednesday, 10 October 2012||Valid til||Monday, 10 October 2022|
|Minimum days||1||Maximum days||1000|
|Min people||1||Max people||1|
|53.13€ Per week|