J-Bay Surftrips is a unique incentive in the Jeffreys Bay and surrounds, organising surf trips, safari’s, sightseeing tours and many other exciting stuff for those serious about the sport, surfing.
To make your surf safari and holiday in this beautiful part of the world relaxing and trouble free and to assure you only have to concentrate on the purpose of coming to J-Bay, surfing of course, we organise your trip custom made, just for you.
From pick-ups at the airport in Port Elizabeth, to best accommodation according to your budget and needs, to the best surf spots the world has to offer, to the very best surf instructor for beginner surfers, to experiencing exciting game drives, to unforgettable sunset times around a fire with the best wines in the world… Whatever you dreamed of for your holiday and surf safari, we will arrange it for you and optimise your quality time in magic J-Bay. To make it easy for you, we already put together some basic packages, from which you can choose or adjust for your personal budget and needs.
Location and surf conditions
Jeffreys Bay is designed for the ordinary, unhurried, unworried, sun-seeking, fun loving person. Locals reckon that Jeffreys Bay was known as the place of dreaming, and it’s easy to see why. This little town may well be called the heart and soul of South African surfing, with many legendary surfers still lingering on. It got fame for it's classic reefs and perfect point breaks with world-renowned wave quality. Talented surfers skilled to ride their boards in the tubes of majestic waves or just ahead of the great white rollers will tell you that the professional rate Jeffreys Bay is amongst the ten best surfing points in the world. Every year in July, Jeffreys Bay houses the Billabong Surfing Festival when surfers from all over the world come to enjoy these flawless formations of rolling surf.
Robin decided to make his permanent home Jeffreys Bay. Over some time he connected with legends and big names in the local surfing industry, amongst them Etienne Venter. Etienne is the owner of the “Jeffreys Bay Surf School”, selector of the National EP Springbok Surf Team and contest director for the S.A. Junior Series. If anyone knows anything about surfing J-Bay, it would be Etienne, well known and respected by all in Jeffreys Bay.
The balanced mix of Robin’s organisational skills with Etienne’s surf experience and intimate knowledge of the area, people and waves, presented the perfect foundation for J-Bay Surftrips to be born. This will open new horizons for all those who’s dream it was to visit and surf Jeffreys Bay’s superior waves, or receive the very best surfing instructions available, whether novice, intermediate or experienced surfer, or just to soak in the J-Bay vibe…
You can choose from Mini suites, Family suites, Seafront suites and the loft suite. All nine luxurious suites are individual decorated with a distinct and celebrated African sentiment.
They are adapted at your personal needs including a mini-bar, satellite TV, current magazines, bath oils& body lotions and a private balcony with a breath-taking ocean view. This balcony gives you a view upon the legendary perfect right hand surf breaks Jeffreys Bay offers. You can watch the greatest surfers at work during the day and a romantic sunset in the evening.
The loft suite has room for 4 to 6 people. It has 2 bathrooms, a living room and its own kitchen. The loft suite exists out of several spaces segregated from each other by removable partitions which creates a spacious feeling.
Wake up with the morning sun, have a early surfing session before having a delicious breakfast in the a la carte restaurant, surf the best waves during the day and watch the dolphins use the ‘supertubes’ as their playground, visite the local shops and board shape factories and have dinner in the in-house sushi bar before you watch the sun set on the water…. Endless Summers, that’s what its all about!
If a surf holiday in style is what you’re looking for, you will definately find it at African Perfection.
Surf course details
The experience begins when the jeep comes to pick you up at your accommodation and drives you to the main beach. This beach has small consistent waves which are perfect for beginners.
The lessons start on the beach where you begin with the safety instructions and warming up. The groups exists out of maximum eight people to secure individual attention. The whole idea is to learn surfing on a soft surfboard in a few simple steps. Most of the first time, students are standing up surfing during this two hour session. The lessons are designed to be intensive and are of course about having a good time.
First the instructor shows how to do every step correctly, then the students try them while he gives personal advise to each student and corrects where necessary. If all the steps are practised on the beach it is time to get in the water and put the theory into practice. The instructor goes in the water with the group to give some final adjustments. But as for all learning, it all comes down to practice. And when you do catch your first real wave, it gives you that stoked feeling you will carry in your memories for a life time!
But even when you are a advanced surfer you can get in touch with Jeffreys Bay Surf School to go on a surfari. Depending on the weather and surf reports, a full licensed instructor will drive you around to the best spots of that moment so good surf is garanteed. He will take you to places in Jeffreys Bay, St. Francis,.... where ever the waves are waiting.
Again, you are picked up and dropped off at your accommodation and the equipment is provided, if needed, so all you need to do is relax and enjoy the trip...
Breaks directly at the main spot and at nearby spots
Jeffreys Bay is world-renowned for its many different surf breaks, each possessing its own magic.
1. Kitchen Windows (near Main Beach): This surf break is an excellent place to learn how to ride waves. It is a peak that breaks left and right.
2. Magna Tubes: Here you’ll find fast powerful and classic waves, as good as anywhere else.
3. Boneyards: Boneyards is right next to Supers. You will be able to recognize it with ease, as it is the spot where the waves are breaking almost perfectly, but there are only one or two guys sitting out there.Don't be fooled, this is a locals only break and they take it as a serious offence if you as an outsider decide to surf there. Yeah, it may have the better wave, but that is the bonus of being a local at Jeffrey's Bay for quite some period of time.
4. Super Tubes: The waves here can get large ( up to about 10 - 12 feet). This is the ultimate test of your surfing ability. It is very fast, powerful, very long and as the name suggests, getting tubed is the name of the game. Its suited only to people experienced in surfing. Super Tubes - the best!
5. Salad bowls: These waves a short en hollow. The water is quite shallow so this place is reserved for experienced surfers.
6. Tubes: This is a short, perfect hollow wave. Once you master Tubes, you can surf Super Tubes.
7. Point: The Point is 100% enjoyable with cutback sections and everything else you could possibly want from a wave. The waves here tend to be a little smaller than those at Boneyards and Supers. The difference is, that you will have a much longer ride here than at the other two.
8. Albatross (near Kabeljous Caravan Park): A wave in the same class as Point and mostly uncrowded.
Temperatures are moderate all year round along the coast, with rain scattered throughout the year. The summers are warm with a very temperate humidity level and winters are mild and pleasant.
SURROUNDINGS / REGION
Characterization of surroundings/region
This bay is the meeting point where the warm Indian Ocean current mingles with the waters of the cold Atlantic, creating unique conditions for an incredible diversity of marine life. Dolphins are an almost daily sighting with the southern right whale coming to clave between July and September putting on a show with their courtship rituals. Temperatures are moderate all year round along the coast, with rain scattered throughout the year. The summers are warm with a very temperate humidity level and winters are mild and pleasant.
Ways to get to the camp
The cheapest flights to South Africa are from London or Amsterdam, and it often works out better to get a connecting flight to either and from there a flight to Johannesburg (JNB) or Cape Town (CPT). Those are the two airports who have connection with Port Elizabeth (PLZ). We recommend to travel with one of the major airlines, for they give the best service and are the most reliable.
When you arrive at the airport in P.E., one of our staff members will pick you up to take you to your accommodation. Forward your flight details and estimated arrival time for us to meet you promptly. On your day of departure we’ll give you a ride back to the airport.
Generally, it takes one between eight and ten hours to get to South Africa from London or Amsterdam.
No visas required for visits of up to 90 days for the following countries:
United States of America
No Visa required for up to 30 days stay for the following countries:
Antigua and Barbuda
If your country is not mentioned above then you will require a visa to enter South Africa.
Applications for visas must be submitted together with:
· Two passport size photographs.
· Original passport.
· Details of intended travel arrangements.
· The required fee if any.
|1 day/1night||7 days / 7 nights||14 days / 14 nights|
|Full package||€ 85||€ 549||€ 1069|
|Accomodation only (incl. breakfast)||€ 30||€ 210||€ 390|
Package B - Epic Aloe Upgraded
|1 day/1night||7 days / 7 nights||14 days / 14 nights|
|Full package||€ 130||€ 879||€ 1719|
|Accomodation only (incl. breakfast)||€ 80||€ 559||€ 1080|
Included in the Full-Package:
- All transfers from and to Port Elizabeth airport
- Accommodation in double room stunning sea/surf views on the legendary Jefferys Bay Supertubes break, incl. continental breakfast at "20 Pepper Street", the in-house restaurant.
- African Perfection guesthouse will be used for all epic aloe (upgraded) bookings from now
- Room is serviced daily
- One guided visit to a breathtaking sarafi game park
- Driver with in-depth local surf knowledge
- All petrol and road tax
- Daily 2-hour beginner´s or advanced surf lessons with a professional S.S.A./E.P instructor or daily surfari to the best waves in the area (JBay, St. Francis Bay, Cape St. Francis, Seal Point, Bruce´s Beauties...)
- Equipment: surfboards and wetsuits
- A visit to a local JBay board shaper
- Broadband Wireless internet access
- Stalitte TV in the room
- Worlds highest bungee jump
- Beach Horse rides
- Sand boarding
Package C - Ultimate Aloe Ultra
|Full Package||1 person||€ 2360|
|2 person||€ 1400|
|3 or 4 pers.||€ 1100|
|Accommodation only (incl. breakfast)||1 person||€ 2075|
|2 person||€ 1060|
|3 or 4 pers.||€ 740|
The penthouse can host up to 4 persons. This executive luxurz accommodation is also used for the ASP Billabong Pro JBay in July, when the pro surfers com to compete in Jeffreys Bay.
The prices are quoted per person. Please not that no airport pick up is included in accomodation only bookings. In accomodation only bookings breaktfast is included.- all packages include surfaris to the epic waves of "Endless Summer" and ohter hot spots in the area, this is fully included in the price
There are no reviews for this Surf Camp yet.
Please enter the message you'd like to send to J-Bay Surftrips (Jeffreys Bay, South Africa)