Awera Resort is an exclusive beach front resort, located in the Mentawai islands, one of the most beautiful and exclusive areas in the world. Built in harmony with its natural surroundings, Awera resort is an unparalleled setting to slow down and be at one with yourself. Our unique villas, incredible food, yoga plus world-class surfing offer this awesome opportunity.
The villas are located at the center of our complex, nestled in a privileged natural environment, surrounded by palm trees and tropical jungle, just a few steps away from the private beach.
Each villa comprises 52m2 or 100m2 of spacious comfort. Features include:
With a chill-out area, bar and restaurant; a perfect place to hang out and enjoy the views the bay offers. With such epic vistas and three different waves breaking right in front of you, the show just keeps on giving.
Our homemade meals cooked with TLC, looking out onto the sparkling ocean. We constantly innovate our menus, drawing inspiration from the new food scene that’s taken on in Indonesia thanks to fans of organic, vegetarian and vegan food. Fish and meat dishes are also our speciality! We do cater for vegans, vegetarians and coeliacs.
Included your stay
Ways to get to the camp
We offer an ALL INCLUSIVE TRANSFER SERVICE the Comfort Package
1. Guests opting for our COMFORT PACKAGE are picked up at the airport and taken to their 4* hotel for the night.
2. The following day you’ll be picked up at your hotel and taken to the city port, where the Fast Ferry leaves for the Mentawai Islands, a three-hour crossing away (Fast ferry tickets included).
3. Once in Tua Pejat, you’re picked up by our staff and taken by speedboat to the Resort, which is a ten-minute crossing away.4. The same goes for your return journey. When your stay come to an end, we’ll take care of everythiing and make sure you arrive on time for your flight.
Or you can go it solo
1. Arrival at PADANG AIRPORT. There is only one point of entry to get to the Mentawai Islands: Padang City airport.
2. Fast Ferry from Padang to the Mentawais (TUA PEJAT) The ferry departs at 7am on Wednesdays, Fridays and Sundays, and at 6am on Mondays. We always advise our guests to arrive in Padang at least one day before the ferry departs.
3. Transfer from Tua Pejat to Awera Resort & Spa. Once in Tua Pejat, guests will be picked up by our staff and taken by speedboat to the Resort, which is a ten-minute crossing away
Surf tax, the Mentawai Government has implemented a Rp. 1,000,000 surf tax (around 80$) per surfer valid up to 15 days, which can be extended.
Please check you have an up to date passport.
Please remember the base rate doesn't include;
- SURF PACKAGE If you are a surfer please choose the Surf Package option when confirming the booking. (We usually go out 3x per day and we always try to find the best spot regarding the forecast and surfing level of the group). $50 usd/day.
- TRANSFER SERVICE, if you would like us to take care of your transfer, please choose the Comfort pack option when confirming the booking. The price is $220 us per person.
We also have a variety of other activities including Surf school pack for beginners, wellness pack with access to the thermal spa and a variety of treatments plus much more.
Please ask for more details when booking.
We are the best resort for families and groups travelling with children, with special rates; $103 usd/night 5-12 years old and free for all children below 5.
From the moment we stepped off the boat till we left we were looked after 24/7 by Amer and his team of extremely efficient staff. Big group of 14 SA. Had unbelievable 10 days on this beautiful unspoiled island. Rooms are beautiful and luxurious for the area. Was great for wives and family as non surfer we still had plenty to do with snorkeling, yoga,standup paddle boarding and of course swimming and lazing around that magnificent pool with the most incredible view. They really look after the surfers who could have smoothies and food all day long from the kitchen all included. Fantastic and very memorable holiday.
Other (e.g. Surroundings, Nightlife, etc.):
Very lucky with surf it was exceptional.
We stayed at Awera resort for approx 10 days, and were beyond happy with everything. Professionally run with the friendliest atmosphere, can’t recommend highly enough in every aspect! Aimar and his team made us feel like family. Villa was incredible, bathrooms particarly amazing, wide open spaces and really comfortable beds. It’s a lush jungle paradise that makes you feel right at home because of the friendly staff, and open layout. The waves located nearby are world- class, if you aren’t into surfing, the snorkelling is incredible and close by is great spots for freediving also. The ultimate place to relax. The mangroves blew our mind with crystal clear waters, and a peaceful paddle in a stand up paddle board. Pretty hard to find places this picturesque, so friendly, located in the heart of the Mentawai and only 7 minutes from where the ferry gets in. Also, AMAZING fruit, surprised they didn’t run out of mangos with us around, we are vegan and they catered above and beyond for this. Surf guides, and all staff were beyond great, we made some great friends here and can’t wait to go back.
Other (e.g. Surroundings, Nightlife, etc.):
Perfect location for surfers, beach goers, snorkellers, relaxers, honeymooners or just wanting a tropical holiday. The waves located nearby are world- class, if you aren’t into surfing, the snorkelling is incredible and close by is great spots for freediving also. The ultimate place to relax. The mangroves blew our mind with crystal clear waters, and a peaceful paddle in a stand up paddle board. Pretty hard to find places this picturesque, so friendly, located in the heart of the Mentawai and only 7 minutes from where the ferry gets in. Also, AMAZING fruit, surprised they didn’t run out of mangos with us around, we are vegan and they catered above and beyond for this. Surf guides, and all staff were beyond great, we made some great friends here and can’t wait to go back.
Please enter the message you'd like to send to Awera Resort (Tua Pejat, Indonesia)