Surfing language course
Biarritz : European surf capital
Surf is, and has been, part of everyday life in Biarritz over the last 50 years. It is part of its image, its culture and its economy.
Our school and French courses
Our french courses are for all age groups : adults, students and teens.
BLCI's goal is to offer you a complete immersion in the language. We assist you in your learning process, taking into account your specific needs and your learning abilities.
French is taught with specific manuals, authentic documents and visual & audio materials to vary the sources of information. You are faced with a variety of real life situations through role playing and games enabling you to progress easily and efficiently.
Our teachers are all graduates in teaching French as a Foreign Language. The whole team has a rich experience of teaching in France and abroad. As professionals, they are attentive to your needs and ready to help in every way.
Biarritz is known throughout the surf world for its good waves and natural beauty. The swell varies from below 2 feet on calm days to over 15 feet after storms. Summer waves are typically 3 to 6 feet high and the water temperature is in the low 70's F (over 20° C).Spots and schedules will depend on tides and weather.
our concept :
• to offer complete immersion in a family atmosphere where everyone can feel confident and comfortable
• and learn french through a varied program of activities both academic and social.
Our goal :
• to integrate all students, even the most reserved, thanks to our friendly environment,
• to offer a dynamic and people-centered approach to teaching a foreign language,
• to be attentive and available in order to provide a quality service that meets your needs.
Philippe LACOSTE, our director, has managed FLE (French Foreign Language) teaching staff for 15 years. He started his first language center combining French lessons with sports. After pioneering this concept and finding it very successful, he decided to start a new organisation. BLCI now offers a wide range of language courses, sports and cultural activities.
Isabelle CHARBONNEAU, our head teacher, has 15 years experience in FLE as a teacher and manager for various language centers in France. Isabelle's first FLE experience was when she opened her own school in Bournemouth England. It proved so successful that she continued her career in FLE in France which ultimately led her to starting her new school in Biarritz.
During your stay in Biarritz, you will share daily life with a French family.
Very Simple Image Gallery:
Could not find folder /www/htdocs/w0080964/new30/slide/biarritzlnanguage/course/
The instructors :
Government certified professional surf instructors. They will adapt to your level, whatever it may be, allowing you to improve throughout your stay.
5 surf sessions per Week
Boards and wetsuits provided.
Surf schools, surf shops, surf competitions and the recent festival : "nuit de la glisse", ... So many activities to honour the ocean.
Characterization of surroundings/region
In the 19 th century under the realm of Napoleon III and Empress Eugenie, Biarritz became the most prestigious seaside resort on the Atlantic coast.
It remains, today a favorite holiday destination.
Activities and facilities
Iconic sites :
• Villa Eugénie or Hôtel du Palais,
• The Art Deco Casino,
• The Russian Orthodox Church
• Chapelle Impériale,
Biarritz's famous beaches : plage du Miramar, la Grande Plage, le Port Vieux, la Côte des Basques (known for surf), la plage de Marbella et la plage de la Milady.
Biarritz , a favoured location :
• For lovers of the ocean : the Sea Museum and Aquarium, City of the Ocean (interactive museum), Virgin's rock, the lighthouse, the beaches, ...
• For various outdoor activities (surf, mountain sports, water sports, jai alai, rugby, golf, ...).
• For an internationally renowned cultural calendar various festivals throughout the year : dance, Latine American Films, Audio visual Programs, concerts, ...
760 km Southwest of Paris - 180 km South of Bordeaux - 28 km North of the Spanish border.
• By car : Highway A10 from Paris.
• By train : Direct TGV trains from Paris " Montparnasse " train station.
• By plane : Biarritz-Parme international airport has daily flights connecting with Paris, London, Lyon, and Geneva.
This package includes:
5 surf sessions per week
20 hours french sessions per week (9:30 - 12:30)
2 weeks - 990€
3 weeks - 1350€
every additional week - 400€
accommodation is not included.
There are no reviews for this Surf Camp yet.
Please enter the message you'd like to send to Biarritz Language Courses Institute (Biarritz, France)