With more than 10 years of experience in providing successful high-quality programs to people worldwide, we have an idea of why staying with us will make your journey in Mexico an astonishing learning adventure.
We’re more than a school..we’re family.
The friendly nature of our Oasis crew creates a warm and welcoming atmosphere where you’ll definitely enjoy learning. Our aim is to share our passions and to inspire your love for both Spanish culture and language as well as Surfing.
Great location close to everything you need!
Oasis Surf & Spanish School is perfectly located near central town of lovely Puerto Escondido, within walking distance to our Surf Houses and the internationally renowned beaches. By day and night, a busy cafe, restaurant and bar scene brings live music and a freewheeling, unpretentious cozy life.
Everyone will learn and improve.
No matter your age, your level and your background, the experienced and flexible crew at Oasis will assist you to enhance your evolution level as both a surfer and a Spanish-speaker.
Qualified and high-quality instruction.
Lessons are conducted only by certified and experienced tutors, complying with international quality and safety standards and ensuring an exceptional and efficient educational service.
Lessons are private or semi-private (up to 2 pupils max.) and individually tailored according your particular areas of interest or to better reach your goals.
Enjoy learning, we’ll take care of the rest!
Puerto Escondido exudes Mexican folklore, giving you the opportunity of learning both the language and the culture while enjoying the magnificent beaches of its coastline. According to Lonely Planet, it is a unique spot: “magnet for surfers, would-be surfers and every other kind of beach lover, this ‘Hidden Port’ is one of the most enjoyable spots on Mexico’s Pacific coast”.
Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced
Oasis Surf Instructors Crew!
We want the best for you. The crew of surf instructors at Oasis are all certified and highly experienced surfers, lifeguards, and watermen. Their aim is to share their passion and to inspire your love for the ocean and the waves.
Our crew caters to all levels and expectations and conducts lessons in your choice of Spanish or English. Come explore the waves of the Pacific Coast with our amazing team!
Drinkable water, free coffee, clean sheets and towels + cleaning service, swimming pool, common area and terrace. Do you need anything else? Do not worry, wifi is included too!
All Oasis packages include weekly accomodation in one of our Surf Houses, in fully equipped suites or private apartments with all utilities included. Our Surf Houses are ideally located near the town center and within convenient walking distance from the school, the beach and cozy bars and restaurants!
La Barca Surf House
Comprised of 4 great suites and 7 beautiful private apartments, a swimming pool and a large common area which creates a friendly and warm atmosphere.
Whether you want to meet other travellers with the same interests or you rather enjoy your privacity, you will find what you are looking for at La Barca!
Mango Surf House
Named after magnificent mango trees in the front yard, Mango Surf House hosts 4 cozy, fully-equipped private apartments each with their own terrace. In Mangos, you will feel at home and surrounded by a real surfer atmoshpere!
Stay with a mexican family
If you are looking to fully immerse yourself in the mexican culture and experience a different way of travelling, we can also help you! Homestay includes a private room, private bathroom (often) and 2 daily meals of delicious Oaxacan food.
All of our host families are very friendly, open and welcoming. The School will send you all of the information regarding to your stay once you have sign up for the program and prior to your arrival.
Casa San Diego
This beautiful new home is comprised of 4 spacious, lockable bedrooms, each with their own private bathroom and outdoor terrace and a private apartment.
There is a fully-equipped communal kitchen, living room, and dining room as well as an amazing pool and garden complete with a covered outdoor bar/dining area. As construction was just recently completed, everything in this home is brand-new – the beds, linens, furniture, etc. Come be among the very first guests to enjoy!
If you are a larger group or you are coming during the high season and we don´t have availability, we can offer you have a great alternative accommodation option with our packages that we are sure you’ll enjoy!
Nice, luminous and comfortable 2 bedroom apartment with a nice open terrace, spacious living room area and kitchen. The master bedroom has a king size bed and the second bedroom a double bed.
The apartment is located next to Mango Surf House, just 5 minutes walking from the Center of Puerto Escondido, the boulevard of Rinconada, Oasis School and Carrizalillo beach.
Oasis surf instructors are certified, experienced and genuine ocean-lovers! No matter your age, your surf skills or your background, Oasis designs a personal course for you to enhance your learning outcomes.
- Lessons are 2 hours of duration and on an ample schedule every day of the week from Monday to Saturday.
- Only to 2 students per instructor in order to ensure safe and fun surf experience! Lessons are conducted in both English and Spanish, and for all levels and ages.
- Lessons are tailored according to your level, and include warm-up (proper body conditioning and stretching), theory (safety measures, etiquette, wave reading) and practice in the sea (paddling techniques, wave riding, take off, timing and manuevers).
- You will be provided with high-quality Roger Ramirez surf boards, clean rash guards (always washed daily) and tropical waxes during all your lessons. All material is sponsored by professional surf brand Volcom.
- Transportation from the school to the beach with the best learning conditions of the day is included, giving you the opportunity of exploring different spots and waves according to your level!
- Additional free of cost surf coaching supervised by Roger Ramirez and captured by a professional photographer in order to provide you with the best analysis and feedback about your evolution as a surfer.
- A Diploma level stating your board size, visited spots, gained skills and final level attained will wrap-up your program and certify your progress
Oasis Surf Coach – Photo Analysis Session
Our photo analysis surf coaching is adapted for all levels of surfers. Beginner, intermediate, and advanced surfers will all benefit from our in-house expertise providing a wide-range of feedback and guidance on technique in the water.
Because we care.
By the end of your program, your level will reach a significant progression. Photo analysis surf coach sessions have been designed to consolidate and acknowledge your best potential and your attained skills!
Surf coach sessions are supervised by Roger Ramirez and assisted by a professional photographer that will capture your greatest moments of the day. We’ll take care of collecting and selecting the best for you!
Afterwards, students and Oasis Surf Crew will gather together at our Surf House to participate in a group review of the visual material collected, accompanied by delicious Mexican antojitos (snacks). All material will be analyzed and discussed to provide you with additional tips, polish your style and help to guide your evolution as a surfer.
Oasis offers 2 type of programs: The Regular Program of 1.5 hours of tuition per day, from Monday to Friday, and the Intensive Program of 3 hours of tuition per day, from Monday to Friday.
All classes are private one-on-one instruction unless you are traveling with a partner/friends and opt to be in class together. In case of couples or private-group lessons, the Regular program includes 2 hours of semi private tuition per day and the Intensive course includes 3 hours of semi private tuition per day.
Fitness for surfing
Surfing is a sport, and like any other sport, there is a great variety of excercises that can improve your performance.
Specially designed to boost functional strength, increase endurance and make you a stronger and more fluid surfer, Oasis Fitness for Surfing sessions are a great complement to your surf lessons.
Surfing uses a combination of both your aerobic and anaerobic energy system. In order to improve your cardiovascular fitness for surfing, you need to improve both of these systems simultaneously.
Fitness sessions are conducted by a professional instructor and adapted to all levels and ages. All material is provided during the classes, which are conducted 4 evenings per week.
It is an additional free of cost activity included for all customers booking a package of 1 week or more. These sessions are a great way to improve your overall fitness in a fun environment while getting to know your fellow Oasis surfers.
Oasis Fitness for surfing involves:
1. FLEXIBILITY & BALANCE EXERCICES: an essential part of any surfer´s regime. Enhancing your flexibility and your balance increases your joint´s potential to allow a more effective range of movements for surfing.
2. BASIC CORE TRAINING: based on aiding performance and injury prevention, core muscles are responsible for your overall physical condition.
3. PLYOMETRIC SESSIONS: to improve your speed and agility in all surfing manuevers.
4. AEROBIC TRAINING: to boost your fitness condition, we include running sessions around the nice and quiet area of Rinconada.
5. STRENGTH TRAINING: using resistance bands, Swiss ball and free weights exercises to strength all specific muscles involved on surfing.
We can help you organize a wide-range of outdoor activities and excursions according to your interests: surf trips, snorkel, dive, swim, tan, and go sport fishing or look for turtles, dolphins and whales. If you need a break from the sun there are also Mexican cooking lessons and salsa-dancing classes. We’ll help you to maximize your vacation!
SURPRISE ME EVENT
Every Thursday evening the School will organize a different activity for all Spanish students which can be anything from city tours, cultural excursions around Puerto Escondido, a boat trip to the lagoon, a visit to the Mezcal factory, etc. These activities are free of cost to all Spanish students.
These activities are great to get to know the Mexican and local culture, socialize with the rest of the students while visiting incredible spots around Puerto Escondido.
Characterization of surroundings/region
Oasis Surf & Spanish School is perfectly located near central town, within convenient walking distance to our Surf Houses and the beaches.
Activities and facilities
By day, you can surf, snorkel, dive, swim, tan, and go sport fishing or look for turtles, dolphins and whales. By night, a busy cafe, restaurant and bar scene brings live music and a freewheeling, unpretentious nightlife.
Ways to get to the camp
Puerto Escondido can be reached by flight from Mexico City, or by bus longing the lovely landscapes of Oaxaca region.
Are you seeking to ride the wave of your life?
This program is for you!
Whether you have never stepped on a surf board before, or you are an advanced surfer looking for analysis and coaching guidance to get to the next level, the excellent Oasis Surf program will exceed your expectations.
This package includes:
- ACCOMMODATION: fully equipped suite or private apartment
- SURF LESSONS: 2 hours of semi-private tuition (up to 2 students per instructor) covering both theory and practice and on an ample schedule every day of the week from Monday to Saturday. Surf lessons are conducted by professional and experienced instructors, both in English and Spanish, and for all levels and ages. The weekly package includes 5 surf lessons.
- SURF THEORY CLASS: This will be your first contact with surfing, before you get into the water. This 1 hour class is focused mainly on ocean knowledge, safety and basic surfing technique. Our experienced instructors will teach you the basics of surfing in the classroom and on land before heading out into the surf to catch some waves.
- SURFBOARD RENTAL EQUIPMENT and TRANSPORTATION: Hand and heart made Roger Ramirez surfboards and a school rash guard is included during all your lessons. All material is sponsored by professional surf brand Volcom. Transportation from the school to the beach with the best-learning conditions of the day is also included! Find out about our surf boards here.
- PHOTO SESSION: Each week, the School will take a photographer to record a morning surf session. All of the material captured will be used for the Friday analysis and coaching class and given, free of cost, to each student. You just need to bring a USB memory card!.
- FREE COACHING SESSION: Every Friday evening students and instructors will gather at La Barca Surf House to view and analyse the pictures of the previous days. Surf instructors will make the proper corrections to each student and give useful tips in order to keep progressing in their surfing skills. These sessions are supervised by Roger Ramirez. Students will participate in a group review in order to benefit from the best orientation and analysis about their evolution as a surfer. Find out more about our coach sessions here.
- FITNESS CLASSES: specifically designed to enhance your surfing performance and gain general fitness, classes are conducted by a professional instructor and adapted to all levels and ages. The package offers 5 fitness classes in the evenings: Endurance (on Mondays), Pilates (on Tuesdays) Cross trainning (on Wednesdays) Yoga (on Thursdays) and Latin Zumba on Fridays. Find out more about our Fitness classes here.
- SURPRISE ME EVENT: additional activities like excursions to explore the culture in real environments are offered to students free of charge who book a package with us. We will confirm a different activity every week. These activities have 1 hour of duration and they are a great way of getting to know Puerto Escondido, its surroundings and the Mexican culture. Learn more about these activities here
- DISCOUNT IN OASIS SURF SHOP: brand new and used surfboards, surf accesories, clothing, etc. If you are planning to surf with your own board, there is no need to pay extra baggage fees with your airplane ticket. You can purchase your custom board with us!
- VALID CERTIFICATE: a school diploma level stating your board size, visited spots, gained skills and final level attained will close-up your program and certify your progress.
2 weeks - 820 USD
3 weeks - 1185 USD
4 weeks - 1560 USD
There are no reviews for this Surf Camp yet.
Please enter the message you'd like to send to Oasis Surf School (Oaxaca, Mexico)